Rotrex superchargers are designed to reflect the 10 year lifetime requirement of an automotive component. A standard range of superchargers is available to match a broad range of applications.
The Rotrex supercharger can be customized for client applications optimizing integration, performance and cost.
Key design features for OEM market applications are:
- Reliability - rolling elements with patented ramp effect preventing excessive stress.
- Low NVH - no gears. Planet rollers give silent operation and less vibration.
- Reduced emissions - no heat inertia impact on exhaust gas reducing catalyst light up time. Application with downsized engines reduces fuel consumption and CO2.
- Cost - standardized components and a simplified assembly process make it turbocharger competitive.
- Manufacturing - high volume compatible processes.
- Packaging - the compact traction drive based supercharger is independent from the engine exhaust simplifying installation and packaging.